I recently updated the IFATC Education Group Bot to use a shiny new Discord feature that we all remember from the days of Slack – Slash Commands. The way Discord does Slash commands is relatively similar to Slack, but with one key difference – options. In Slack, when you used a Slash Commands it could be difficult to know how to format your message if it used parameters like a search query. Discord has one-uped Slack here in my opinion, providing a clean interface to see what options need to be provided for a command to work, and making it easy for apps to access those options. Anyway, here’s what changed for the bot.
- a!feed is now /feed
- a!latest is now /latest
- a!search is now /search (use this to try out options!)
- a!help is now /ifatceg-help
- For IFATC folks – a!sanitize is now /sanitize
- The bot will now show as offline more often than not, but it is still listening for your commands and responding, as well as creating feed posts
- The feed time has changed – the bot now checks for new IFATC Education Group posts every 6 hours at 0000Z, 0600Z, 1200Z, and 1800Z.
All feeds that were on the old system have been moved over. Enjoy!